Familiarization of students with a new, innovative, ethical, and applied inclusive educational model through the lens of the commons.
- Understand the emergent logic of the commons
- Understand the role of the commoner
- Understand how a child can become a commoner
- Use the logic of the commons in the educational field
- Understand the educational commons
- Identify how Educational Commons can address social and educational inequalities
- Learn how to commonize governance and learning in the field of education
Recently, the alternative value and action system of the ‘commons’ is rapidly emerging in the field of education. The educational commons are a form of commons involving the co-production, distribution, and collective ownership of knowledge in non-formal, informal, and formal learning settings that share space for collaboration, project-work, content creation, meetings, socialization, playing, and studying. In the educational commons the community of people building them up can intervene in the governing of their interaction processes and of their shared resources. The educational commons provide the community with free and easy access to knowledge and information.
In this introductory lesson, the students will be acquainted with the innovative logic and the conceptual tools of the emergent paradigm of the educational commons.