Mahara used for ePortfolios' implementation
An e-portfolio is a public window for showcasing personal achievements. It will be a digital collection of works that reflect an individual’s effort, progress, achievements and competencies gained through project activities. Students and trainees will have access to online space and tools in order to be able to record, store and structure evidence to demonstrate their learning achievements and abilities; to self-assess and monitor their own learning development; to share elements of theirs Learning Pathways with peers and instructors. It is further aimed at all relevant learners, trainees youth workers wishing to classify and level their abilities in view of labour market exigencies. This Intellectual Output is expected to foster trainees’ engagement in learning, reflective practice, student-centered learning goals and self-directed lifelong learning. Purpose of the e-portfolio: The e-portfolio has two fundamental purposes:
• Provide documentation of learning activities and work,
• serving as the basis for evaluating learning activities and working against given standards.
Benefits of the e-portfolio
• The portfolio provides the benefits of criteria to be used in judging individual’s learning activities and work.
• The portfolio provides the benefits of direct evidence of individual’s learning activities and work.
• The portfolio provides the benefits of a chance for self-analysis and reflection.
• Is a form of “electronic publishing.”