- To discuss about the materiality of the “immaterial” internet
To discuss the process and character of technology
- The dark side of technology
- Is technology good, bad, neutral or something else?
This lesson discusses the environmental externalities of digital technology,
the role of technology in society, and how technology is interwoven
with social progress.
- Discussion on the three pillars of the Commons (natural commons, digital commons, antagonistic commons)
- The “Design Global, Manufacture Local” concept
This lesson discusses the phenomenon and the patterns of the three pillars of the natural, digital and antagonistic commons as identified by researchers of various disciplines. After doing so, and while focusing more on the digital commons, we will touch upon the “Design Global, Manufacture Local” concept that examines the potentialities of merging some of the patterns of the natural and digital commons.